[WikiEN-l] Mascot (re)vote

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 03:33:45 UTC 2003

LDan wrote:
>When voting on variants for the elected logo,
>it seems that Mav vetoed all miwiki variants
>because the centepede is winning by 3 votes

Wrong. First I can't veto anything, but I did complain on procedural grounds
(I was the first person to vote for the leaf-cutter ant, BTW). Second, when I
did complain the Wikipede was about 10 votes ahead.

>I think that the mascot should be on the logo
>some way or another.

Logos and mascots are separate things.

>I think to get more people to vote on the mascot,
>all we need to do is publicize it on the main page
>and set a deadline.

And have all this fun again so soon?

I say we choose both the Wikipede and Miwiki as our mascot; Miwiki could
simply be the pet of Wikipede.

-- mav