[WikiEN-l] Question

aridd aridd at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 7 04:25:56 UTC 2003

Greetings.

I have a question, and I hope this is the right place to ask it... I saw that Wikipedia has a page listing micronations and with links to other pages containing information on each of those micronations. I contributed a page with a micronation. It was deleted, and I received an IP ban:

Your user name or IP address has been blocked by RickK. The reason given is this:
repeated creaton [sic] of nonsense articles
You may contact RickK or one of the other administrators to discuss the block.
Note that you may not use the "email this user" feature unless you have a valid email address registered in your user preferences.
Your IP address is . Please include this address in any queries you make.

My entry was a serious one, and I only made one (NOT repeated entries). I understand that Wikipedia might feel my contribution was not a useful one, and I will not repeat it. Obviously, not everything can be accepted. However, I would have appreciated that explanation being given me, rather than the above offensive message.

I apologise for the invconveniance, and also if this was not the right place to send this message.

Kind regards,
Adrian