[WikiEN-l] contributions of User:Mr-Natural-Health

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Dec 2 02:23:07 UTC 2003

Viajero wrote:

>A new user named Mr-Natural-Health has created a number of new articles in
>recent days which are disturbingly non-neutral -- this individual has an
>axe to grind with mainstream medicine. See:
>
>  Allopathy
>  Natural Health
>  Natural therapy
>  Heroic medicine
>  Patient empowerment
>
>Though several are currently listed on Cleanup and have been edited a bit,
>VfD might be a better place, since they are so slanted that deleting and
>starting anew is probably the wisest strategy. However, if anyone would
>like to lend hand and try to salvage something...

I've looked through these articles, and they don't seem bad at all.  His
article writing doesn't seem to be from someone with an axe to grind.
 He basically tries to explain what these concepts are.  His opponents
seem to have put themselves into a defensive shell without doing much to
try to reach a compromise.  A couple of the articles haven't had single
word put onto the talk page.  The Allopathy talk page has even been
bizarrely redirected to [[Talk:Criticisms of modern medicines]] in a way
that does not respect that the allopathy's meaning has undergone
significant variation since it was first used by Hahneman.

The level of intolerance coming from supporters of mainstream views is
highly disturbing.  The suggestion that these articles should be deleted
has no foundation in any wiki principles, but suggests that the bully
tactics of some kind of truth squad can prevail.

Knowledge flourishes in circumstances of openness.  Brain-storming is a
technique in some meetings that encourages participants to express their
ideas without fear of ridicule.  We all need to feel that we can
continue to contribute without perpetually feeling that those with
different views will quash our efforts.

Ec