[Wikide-l] Mal wieder war es nur der Praktikant

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
So Jan 29 15:33:52 UTC 2006

Siehe auch:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/01/29/meehan_staff_are_said_to_admit_rewriting_data/

Letter to the Editor

Yesterday's story, "Rewriting history under the dome," accurately
reported that in July of 2005 an intern in my office responsible for
updating my biography also updated my online Wikipedia entry. I did
not know that this change was being made at the time and was only made
aware of it yesterday when informed that The Sun had inquired about
it. Though the actual time spent on this issue amounted to 11 minutes,
according to server logs, I do not consider it time well spent or
approve of it in any way.Part of being an elected official is to be
regularly commented on, praised, and criticized on the Web. For
example, one of the many anonymous users who have edited my own
Wikipedia entry also updated Sen. Tom Daschle's entry by adding that
Daschle is a "professional hack" and that "his brain was significantly
altered" after his office was targeted by terrorists in the anthrax
attacks on the Capitol in 2001. This is a predictable and unavoidable
part of being in public life and, tempting as it may be to get
involved, we should not. The Internet is a place for the free and open
exchange of ideas and opinions. It was a waste of energy and an error
in judgment on the part of my staff to have allowed any time to be
spent on updating my Wikipedia entry. I thank The Sun for bringing it
to my attention.

MARTY MEEHAN
U.S. Representative
Lowell