[Mediawiki-l] contradiction ? on enwiki upload file form page

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Fri Jun 3 00:51:56 UTC 2005

I think, there is a contradiction in the text of the enwiki upload file
page.

One statement says: "Specify the license ..... See Image copright tags
(I chose something from the "zoo" of tags)
The big statement at the end says "you MUST license under 1) GFDL or ...
2) PD

Can some please clarify this ?
I mean, the last statement is clear: GFDL __OR___ PD

So the other sentence is misleading

Yours,
Wikinaut

    *

    * Specify the licence of the file by adding the appropriate tag(s),
      e.g. {{GFDL}}, {{PD}}, etc. See Image copyright tags
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Image_copyright_tags> for
      more tags. Please do not upload files under a "non-commercial use
      only" or "copyrighted, used by permission" licence. Such files
      will be deleted
      <http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-May/023760.html> (http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-May/023760.html).
    * Insert the file or image in relevant articles using the syntax
      [[Image:File.jpg|thumb|Caption]], and other media with
      [[Media:File.ogg]]. See Extended image syntax
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Extended_image_syntax> for
      further instructions.
    * Use a descriptive filename (e.g. "Eiffel Tower, Paris, at
      night.jpg") to prevent conflicts with existing files.

See Wikipedia:Uploading images
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Uploading_images> and
Wikipedia:Sound <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sound> for more
information, and Special:Imagelist
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Imagelist> for a list of already
uploaded files.

If you upload a file here to which you hold the copyright, you must
license it under
the GNU Free Documentation License
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License>
or release it into the public domain