[Mediawiki-l] Install problem with 1.2.0?

Steph Smith stephanie at thinkers.org
Wed Mar 24 17:46:40 UTC 2004

As a follow up, I just tried reinstalling again. Before running
install.php, I backed up the problematic files. After running the
installer, I restored the files to their pre-install state, and
at first blush it *looks* like things work fine.

However, I gather that there are changes made to these files by the
install process which are important for the stable running of the
application. Are these changes which I can make by hand (and if so,
are the documented someplace other than trying to parse the install
script). Or are things likely to run all right using the pre-install
version of the following files:

> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 LocalSettings.php
> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 Version.php
> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 index.php
> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.php
> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.phtml
> -rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 wiki.phtml

Thanks again!

Steph

--
There may be said to be two classes of people in the world; those who constantly
divide the people of the world into two classes and those who do not.