[Mediawiki-l] Install problem with 1.2.0?

Steph Smith stephanie at thinkers.org
Wed Mar 24 17:27:45 UTC 2004

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that I've completely bungled
something along the way, I've run into an install glitch which has me
stumped.

This is a fresh install of the latest stable release, downloaded earlier
today.

Server (if it matters) is a RedHat box, running PHP 4.3, and Apache
1.3.27.

I edited the LocalSettings.php and AdminSettings.php files as directed, ran
the classic install (not the web-based installer), and everything seemed to
go through just fine.

However, after running the installer, the following files are empty:

-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 LocalSettings.php
-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 Version.php
-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 index.php
-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.php
-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.phtml
-rw-rw-r--   1 arakune  arakune         0 Mar 24 12:10 wiki.phtml

I've tried re-installing, again with the same problem. At this point,
I'm thinking of trying with version 1.1, and seeing how that goes. But
all the same, wondering if there's something obvious that I'm missing
here, or if something slipped when bundling this release. I'd certainly
prefer to run with 1.2 if possible.

If there's any additional information that I can provide which might
help, let me know!

Thanks,

Steph Smith

--