[Mediawiki-l] Another user who can't install mediawiki

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Apr 12 20:22:18 UTC 2004

On Apr 12, 2004, at 12:27, Pietro Speroni di Fenizio wrote:
[snip]
> I complete the form, except for the sqlroot that I
> don't have, and he does not like it. I go on the site
> and I create the database, and the user, and the
> password.

How exactly did you do that? What privileges did you grant to the user
account?

> SO now those things are created from outside.
> I go back to my form...
> and he stills asks me for the root password.
> I try to give him my user password, but he trats it as
> a random password (unpleasent after all the time I
> needed to think that up!)

Could you please give the exact error message?

> Now, it seems that the problem comes here:
> I tried both:
> $IP = "/wiki";
> $IP = "/wiki/includes";

$IP must be the complete pathname on the filesystem that you are
installing to. For instance, "/usr/local/www/data/wiki" or
"/usr/home/ourpieee/public_html/wiki".

Also, if you use the command-line installer, you MUST NOT install to
the directory you are installing FROM.

> BTW, the frontend panel of the sql has all sort of
> privileges that can be granted to users:
>
> User: ourpieee_wikiuse Db: ourpieee_wikidb
> Privileges:  ALL  ALTER  CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES
> CREATE  DELETE  DROP  SELECT  INSERT  UPDATE
> REFERENCES  INDEX  LOCK TABLES

That's probably ok. What was the error message when you tried to use
this account with the web install?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)