[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:40:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Liam Wyatt wrote:
> > Perhaps we could focus on those practical points - preferably on-wiki -
> > rather than having endless debates about what different people did/didn't
> > mean to say or getting into abstract ideological discussions.
>
> Buzzkill.
>
> There are a lot of ideas here:
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Controversial_content/Brainstorming>.
>
> Someone needs to start triaging/cultivating/poking/prodding the ideas to
> try
> to come up with something that's workable (if any such solution exists at
> all). As the Wikimedia Foundation is the primary body pushing for this
> feature, it will need to assign staff and other resources. I don't think
> this has been done at this point, so the ball is in its court.

I'm assuming we might have to wait till next year, more specifically the
end of the fundraiser till this is taken up again. (sbm)

I do think some resources might have been committed to it already, their
might already be a lot of interesting data points and research being
 accumulated related to this.

Regards
Theo