[Foundation-l] Simple Wikipedia: different projects

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Fri Jun 24 14:56:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

just to be totally clear: I do not intend to pursue simple Dutch Wikipedia
myself, I only took that as an example of a typical language that is not a
world language etc - for major languages present in many countries/regions
the need can only be higher (simple Spanish, French, Chinese, German,
Portuguese to name a few).

Alec, I think the biggest resource would be time. However, if we would want
a new technical interface allowing to have both simple and normal Dutch (or
Spanish etc) in one wiki, then it would probably require more technical
development - I cannot estimate honestly how much work that would be. Maybe
someone with a better technical background and insight in what already
exists (maybe other parties have developed something similar?) can give a
fair estimate on that.

Best,

Lodewijk