[Foundation-l] Amicus Brief Filed in Golan v. Holder: Fighting for the Public Domain

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:02:54 UTC 2011

On 23 June 2011 19:38, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Considering that that's precisely the point - that if the US starts
> re-enclosing the public domain, it will use its influence to get other
> countries to do the same - and I expressly said so upthread, well, no,
> I'm not going to argue that. Do try to keep up.

A bit late no? Other countries have done precisely that. The UK when
we jumped from life+50 to life+70. In fact if anything the influence
has so far been the other way around. The rest of the world signed up
for the Bern convention and Europe went in the direction of life+70
then the US did.

--
geni