[Foundation-l] Software idea: a "Wikipedia Explorer" that lets you browse Wikipedia and more

Yao Ziyuan yaoziyuan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:01:11 UTC 2011

Remember there was MSN Explorer (desktop software) that let you browse MSN
and use MSN services such as Hotmail?

Remember Google Earth (desktop software) that lets you browse the Earth and
provides additional services based on the Earth?

We can also make a "Wikipedia Explorer" (desktop software) that lets you
browse Wikipedia AND provides an added layer that enables users to:

* Chat/discuss with other users interested in the same topic (Wikipedia
article).
* Announce/find resources related to a topic (products, books, jobs,
anything).
* More.

I intend to see such a "Wikipedia Explorer" developed, or personally
develop it. Any comments?