[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:57:34 UTC 2011

Thanks for the notice Oliver. Glad to see the work is coming along with the tool and I'm looking forward to seeing the data on how these new, qualitative-focused, versions perform. Which one generates the best reader feedback that is useful for editors and which generates good reader-to-newbie conversion :-)

One thing I'd like to ask (which may be in the on-wiki documentation, sorry if you've already answered there) is what is going to happen to the other articles that are not part of this new test group?

If the quantitative-focused version (the current "star-rating" system) is being dropped completely, and because I don't think that we're actually doing anything with article ratings that are still being given by readers (either on a per-article or complete data-set basis), therefore could we turn it off the rest of the articles that are not part of the test group? Also, if we are confirmed to be replacing the star-rating system then I think it's also a bit disingenuous to the readers to continue asking them for star-ratings that we're not planning to use.

When you've got good data on the new (qualitative) system then the most successful version is going to be rolled out progressively, eventually to all articles - like it is now. But in the mean time, can we turn off the depreciated version for the rest of the articles?

Sincerely,
-Liam

Peace, love & metadata