[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Foundation's 2010-11 Annual Report

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:57:50 UTC 2011

Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:29:51 -0800, Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The Wikimedia Foundation is happy to announce the release of the 2010-11
> Annual Report, which is now posted on the WMF Wiki at
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Annual_Report

Thanks for this beautiful Annual Report :) Much appreciated also the
translations!

I have two points I would like see to happen in the process of the
creation of this report:
* a proofread by the community before the final issue; perhaps I missed
it, but I didn’t find anything on foundation-l; for example it has been
remarked a typo on the second page "Jean Javier" -> "Jean Janvier",
corrected in the wiki version
* a proofread of the translated versions; I didn’t noticed anything on
translation-l; I noticed a couple of translation errors in the French
version (example: "155 millions of edits" -> "155 millions de textes", but
"textes" = "texts", "edits" = "éditions")

I know it’s quite difficult to synchronize PDF versions and wiki versions,
but I find it’s worth trying.

Sébastien