[Foundation-l] How SOPA will hurt the free web and Wikipedia

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Wed Dec 14 22:59:13 UTC 2011

> Strictly speaking, the straw poll there is sufficient, unless people bring
> up true blockers.
>
> sincerely,
>        Kim Bruning

I contributed to the straw poll on the understanding given at the top
of the straw poll:
"This is merely a straw poll to indicate overall interest. If this
poll is firmly 'opposed' then I'll know that now. But even if this
poll is firmly in 'support' we'd obviously go through a much longer
process to get some kind of consensus around parameters, triggers, and
timing."

I would strongly object and encourage others to strike their opinions
if the straw poll were retrospectively and arbitrarily misused as a
statement of consensus for something else.

Fae