[Foundation-l] The Mediawiki 1.18 image rotation bug on Commons and on all Wikimedia projects

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:55:27 UTC 2011

On 12 December 2011 15:26, K. Peachey <p858snake at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been a requested feature for a while, Someone finally got around
> to writing it (I believe it needed the Improved metadata handling
> backend first) and implementing it, It wasn't a sudden "oh lets write
> this and enable it in one day thing", a lot of work went into it and
> subsequent testing.

* How many existing uploads, used on the wikis, were previously
wrongly rotated and were fixed by the feature?
* How many existing uploads, used on the wikis, were previously
correctly rotated and were messed up by the feature?

i.e., was there strong reason to apply it to past images, not just new ones?

- d.