[Foundation-l] Regarding Berkman/Sciences Po study

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sun Dec 11 19:45:26 UTC 2011

> Personally, my rule of thumb is to give people 24 hours. Fair's fair:
> people don't watch the wiki all day, they might live in a different time
> zone, etc. Rcom have exceeded that limit and they still haven't posted
> on-wiki (which is the place where the people are who actually have a
say).

> Well, ok, maybe Rcom decided to start weekend early and already went to
> the pub? :-)
>
> Nooo, wait, they actually posted on foundation-l more recently. ... Eh?
> Didn't we all tell them to go talk to the actual wiki-folks A.S.A.
effing
> P?
>
> I'll be frank. Rcom has messed this one up simply by flailing around in
> circles and failing to do the one. single. thing.  they. needed. to.
> really.  really. do.
>
> Rcom: "Do you expect us to die?"
> Goldfinger: "No Mr. Rcom, we expect you to talk!"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TmeBd9338

Do you actually realize that RCom is not a single person, and that there
is no way we can issue an official statement in 24 hours? I am not sure we
need to issue anything as a body anyway, but if we need it is absolutely
unrealistic to do in 24 hours, since most of us have not been involved
since June (when we last approved the survey). We do not have any magic
means of communication that would get every RCom member online immediately
and produce a statement and answer all the questions.

Cheers
Yaroslav