[Foundation-l] "Vital Articles" underperforming?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 18:03:30 UTC 2011

On 4 December 2011 17:49, Edward Buckner <peter.damian at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Interesting that Theology is not a 'vital article'.  As for philosophy, none
> of the main philosophical schools (nominalism, realism, scepticism,
> empiricism, rationalism, existentialism etc) are mentioned. Why is this?

There are always going to be disagreements over what should constitute
a vital article. That isn't important to this discussion. I think most
people's top 1000 articles would have a lot of overlap (I expect most
of the top 100 VAs would appear at least somewhere in most people's
top 1000) and even articles in that overlap aren't particularly good
at the moment.