[Foundation-l] "Singing Wikipedia"

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 01:04:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Copernicus Sience Center from Warsaw:

http://www.kopernik.org.pl/en/

Has just started a wbesite called "singing Wikipedia"

http://www.famelab.org.pl/

The idea is that anyone can propose any article from Polish Wikipedia
to be read by one of several Polish celebrities (actors, TV
journalist, singers etc). They are usually doing this in a funny way.
Most funny reads are recorder and made available to general public and
placed in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL938BB67F93980477

Wikimedia Polska had nothing in common with this except they asked us
about legal issues (licence, use of logo etc.). After explanation they
decided not to use logo of Wikipedia and use only the name in ctiation
context. I personally believe that it is really good promotion for us
:-)

The website is 100% non-commercial. The main idea behind is just to
attract people to science and generally knowledge.

My favorite "singing" is "Seplenienie" ("Lisp") by Borys Szyc:

http://www.famelab.org.pl/#seplenienie

which in fact could be used as a good ilustration of this article :-)

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/