[Foundation-l] PediaPress

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:20:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 09:55, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

>> I also don't understand who would want a printed copy of a Wikipedia
>> article.
>
> Me neither, but if some people want it, why not.

Like:
- to show non-internet people that "that wikipedia thing" is not
another stupid "homepage" but look, it could produce a real, serious,
reliable (no, really!) book
- to use it as demo material
- give it as an award
- books look real and serious, phychologically have more value than a webpage
- using a book means more focused attention and less possible
deviations from the topic by clicking unrelated links

It's just another media for the information to be shared. We should be
happy to have the possibility, helps our goal.

Peter