[Foundation-l] More on Wikimedia strategic planning

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:59:10 UTC 2009

2009/5/1 phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Besides, this is a (slightly long) generation, which makes a useful
> human-scaled measure to think in. I really want my kids, at some
> point, to be able to say in exasperation, "Mom, this isn't *your*
> Wikipedia anymore!" Or better yet: "Grandma, we are sick and tired of
> hearing how you had to write your own markup, both ways in the snow!
> We edit through the power of our minds now, OK?! Sheesh!"
>
> -- phoebe

If wikipedia like collections of information are still being written
by human beings in a couple of decades I will be rather surprised.
We've already to a large extent reached the point where the quickest
way to fill in info boxes would be computers making suggestions and
humans sanity checking them.

--
geni