[Foundation-l] Licensing update vote underway

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 14 02:05:46 UTC 2009

As you've probably seen by now, the vote on a possible update of
GFDL-licensed Wikimedia content is underway and will be closed by May
3. I've written a more detailed blog post here:

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2009/04/14/vote-on-wikimedia-licensing-update-underway/

And, of course, the proposal itself can be found here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/License_update

There's plenty of discussion on the talk page.

Translations (and review of translations) are still very much welcome. :-)

I want to take a brief moment to thank the licensing committee and the
translators, who have worked very hard in the last few weeks to make
this vote possible. I'm really really grateful for their support. I
also want to thank Tim Starling and Software in the Public Interest
for their technical work to pull this together. It's not over yet, but
still, I'm happy that we've made it this far. :-)

Thanks,
Erik
--
Erik Möller