[Foundation-l] On Arabic and sub-language proposals.

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:34:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> A member of the langcomm is afraid that publication of the contruibutions
> may lead to the dismissal from the job. Given that this is expert help, it
> is sufficient reason to comply.

I think that it is possible to find a way to say your conclusions
publicly by saying "an expert from LangCom said that" or "during the
discussion we concluded this because of that". If it is not possible,
I am afraid that you should find another expert. You are not a
department of a commercial company, but a committee of an organization
and a community for whom transparency is a very important part of
functioning.

> NB There are good reasons for doing things in a procedural way. The best
> reason is that it gives predictability and it ensures that everyone is
> treated equally. If you want to call this "bureacratic", that is fine.The
> benefit is still there.

Good procedural way is better than chaotic one, of course. Bad
procedural work is worst than chaotic one. Try to make better
procedures.

> NB2 There is also nobody proposing this project.

Which project?