[Foundation-l] iPhone App

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sun Mar 9 07:26:05 UTC 2008

I'm wondering what you could do beyond Brion's little app when working with
Wikipedia. OTOH, it's maybe a tad cheeky to call it a "little app" because
this looks like exactly the sort of thing that every iPhone owner would want
to have.

Deni, I suggest you mail this idea on to Brion and Kul in the office to mull
over and perhaps get in touch with Apple about. Seeing how high-volume this
list has been of late they may well miss this suggestion. I would also aim
higher than an iPhone for the prize, I do suspect that anyone playing with
the SDK already has one so it might not be an appropriate incentive.

In any case, Brion's blog entry certainly does pose an interesting question
about the appropriateness of getting involved with applications for a
locked-down device. However, I think you have to be realistic that there
will be numerous attempts to use the SDK in conjunction with Wikimedia
projects and it would be better to have some say over that.

Brian McNeil