[Foundation-l] Please REJECT the latin wikinews project. inmediatly

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jun 25 07:37:38 UTC 2008

Mark Williamson wrote:
> Well then, what do we have to do to show we have a consensus? A straw
> poll? Or do we need an angry mob?

It's as much about the decision making process in general.  Angry mobs
are a product of frustration and a sense of isolation.

Decisions that reflect a snapshot in time may not be the best.  Polls
that reach an adoption threshold may be adequate to allow action to be
taken, but it would be best to keep them open indefinitely after they
have reached that threshold.  If, over an extended period of time, new
additional votes result in a different decision, that's OK too.

Ec