[Foundation-l] Voting suffrage criteria (established members should be able to vote)

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:22:36 UTC 2008

Since there is SUL now wouldn't it be just easier to apply the edit count
threshold to the unified account? If no one but active participants on the
projects should be voting that would I'd imagine pretty much give anyone who
may be active a bit here, and a bit there, access to vote. I'm sure someone
can make a tool that will trivially do counts of someone's top x number of
accounts, and apply the count threshold to the lifetime total of the SUL'd
account. Drop the "must edit so many times" by such and such date
requirement-- if someone has been inactive for some months, it doesn't
negate their standing, right? The system would be much simpler then and
global accounts would essentially get lifetime suffrage then.

Joe