[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 18:13:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fully agreed with Ec. Acknowledgjng the license is acknowledging the
> document in concersn are free: without that, it may be wrongly claimed
> to be copyrighted, and hindered further distribution. License issue is
> crucial in my understanding to ensure the knowledge we've accumulated
> free in the true meaning.

Not just "may be" wrongly claimed, it IS being wrongly claimed. And as I
said earlier, not only does that hinder further distribution (because people
will see copyright symbols and assume  incorrectly that it actually is
non-free content) but it also hinders further creation of new free works
when people cannot be adequately assured that their licenses will be
respected.

--
Dan Rosenthal