[Foundation-l] Fwd: A wiki where every article is a real medical case

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:40:16 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikael Häggström <haggstrom.mikael at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:13 AM
Subject: Fwd: A wiki where every article is a real medical case
To: foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org

Dear Sirs

I'd like to give the following reply to
foundation-l at lists.wikimedia.org, for the thread "Fwd: A wiki where
every article is a real medical case", and I hope I could help:

A agree it has some juridical issues that may need to be considered before
expanding the project on a large scale. Nevertheless, it seems the current
disclaimers on e.g. Wikiversity or Wikibooks are functional enough, so if
the project starts there then it should be easier. Still, additional
disclaimers in each article is probably needed.

askdrwiki.com and ganfyd.org are good sites - yet I don't think they make
this project redundant since they differ from this project, mainly because
the victims of diseases don't participate. It has both pro and cons - likely
more reliable but yet not the same potential to expand.

Mikael Häggström

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler at gmail.com