[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jun 11 03:35:17 UTC 2008

Durova wrote:

>> At some point Sarah was talking about people involved in this becoming
>> admins and crats on other wikis.  This is what has me confused. Are the
>> people Gerard is refering to the same people Sarah is refering to about
>> becoming admins on other language wikis?
>>
>> Birgitte SB
>> ----
>> You would have to ask Sarah and clarify with Gerard.  If Gerard was
>> referring to the example I read to him, the individual never had special ops
>>
>> on any project.  There exist a variety of such people, though
> I don't see Birgitte as a a person given to rash conclusions; she is
> probably more careful than most about questioning them.  Comments about
> some stalker being an admin or bureaucrat do become a part of the
> landscape.  You may even be talking about two different people.  In time
> these stories tend to merge.
>
> Ec
> ----
>
> Ray, I call 'em like I see 'em.

As do I.
> Your responses at this thread consistently
> have the tone and content of someone who has not been paying requisite
> attention to the material.

"Requisite" is subjective.  If the issue is a general one about
stalking, and what to do about it, I don't think it's necessary to go
into all the sordid details.
> In no way did I imply that Birgitte makes rash conclusions.  Nor did I
> comment about any stalker being an admin or bureaucrat.  It was SlimVirgin
> who made that assertion, not me.

Fair enough.  SV can answer for herself.
> The opening post of this thread linked to a Digg page about an Article by
> David Shankbone.  You made a number of tangential posts, then failed to
> recognize his name when I used it.  It was I who started that Digg and David
> cited me in his article.

It's enough to follow these arguments on WMF sites without following the
bickering on another site such as Digg.
> Three times this week I have posted to my blog on
> the topic, including a full quote and a diff of a threat against David.  I
> posted it long before you requested that type of example here.

Hmmm!  Are you suggesting that following people's blogs is important?
> The word "prejudice" means premature judgment: to reach a conclusion before
> examining adequate evidence.

I don't recall calling anybody's comments in this thread as "prejudice."

Ec