[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:39:24 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I agree that it is the police that has to deal with these types of
instances. The police is however not always as repsonsive as you would hope.
There is anecdotal evidence that they typically do not want to get involved
in these cases.

I do agree that getting the attention of the authorities is the best way to
get some solution. How to get this attention is achieved best when there is
a dossier about the case and the quality of such a dossier is enhanced when
other people who know how to build such a dossier testify to the veracity of
the claims.

I would love to learn that there is indeed a policy of the Foundation for
such cases.. I would not presume either way that such a policy exists. Such
a policy is problematic given our privacy rules... It is not obvious that
the police should always get what it wants. For this reason it helps when
there is a policy that deals with stalking cases because this can be made a
clarification to the privacy rules that explains what data can be shared
with law enforcement organisations...

NB Keep in your mind that we are not talking about US police alone..
Thanks,
     GerardM