[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Jul 24 16:18:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Obviously you can have a word in any sing language for the character "w".
> However, as sign languages are based on signs, there are no words in sign
> languages *using *the character w not do they use the sound that is
> expressed by the w.

Proper nouns are often spelled out in SignWriting.  See
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0517-Cat-In-The-Hat-ASL.pdf
where the word "Sally" is translated into SignWriting (third page,
fourth column, first row).

How is the word "Wikipedia" written in SignWriting?  I figure it's
either spelled out or there's a sign for "wiki".  Probably the latter
in some circles, and the former in others.