[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:34:45 UTC 2008

Hoi,
As I have to spell it out for you:

   - Wolof:  3,612,560 people
   - Swahili: 772,642 first language 30,000,000 second language users
   - Xhosa: 7,214,118 people
   - Zulu: 7,214,118 first language 15,700,000 second language users

It is people who speak languages. It is people we aim to provide information
to.

As to the Mozilla Foundation; the point is that our aim is to provide
information to all people. It is essential that the infrastructure is there
to achieve it. Fonts are essential in this game. The Mozilla foundation is
to provide functionality to people that are already on the web. In what we
aim to do, we do not say that people have to be online in order to be part
of our potential public.

Thanks,
      GerardM