[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:04:49 UTC 2008

Gerard forgets this. Often. Fortunately, the office is more than capable of
spending *their* money effectively without his help.

> > If we spend EUR 100.000,- on developing content in languages like Wolof
> > Swahili Xhosa Zulu we can REALLY make a difference for such languages. We
> > are saving more then that so we can do these things.
>
> We do things for people not languages.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>
wrote:
Hoi,
So you want the money spend. I do so agree. Let us spend money and Open
Source FONTS. Fonts that are free that are good. If this means that we spend
money on developing fonts so that everybody can see ALL the characters and
that we do not have to resort to ugly screen prints to show devangari for
instance ...

If we spend EUR 100.000,- on developing content in languages like Wolof
Swahili Xhosa Zulu we can REALLY make a difference for such languages. We
are saving more then that so we can do these things.

Really tell me how much to spend, and I can get it spend on things that will
help us achieve the aims of the Foundation or the projects..  Finding good
projects and executing them is not a problem.
Thanks,
     GerardM

--
Dan Rosenthal