[Foundation-l] WMF and UNU-Merit announce first survey of Wikipedians

Michael Snow wikipedia at att.net
Fri Jan 25 02:48:57 UTC 2008

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> It seems to me that by conducting a survey such as this, of  Wikipedians, all
> of these issues have been resolved. So, for purposes of  clarification, how
> is Wikipedian being defined in his poll?

I'm not sure that conducting a survey means that questions such as the
ones you raise have been answered. If anything, a survey is about asking
questions (if I may state the obvious) so that hopefully we can get
closer to those answers.

As indicated, this is sort of a preliminary announcement, and the survey
itself is still under development. I think suggestions for actual survey
questions would be welcome. I imagine one of the very basic questions
the survey might ask is, "Do you consider yourself a Wikipedian?"

--Michael Snow