[Foundation-l] Seeking clarification

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:05:21 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Btw I have no reason for making a panic -- sorry but it was my first
> impression in this thread, so sorry if I just misunderstood your
> reaction --- even if WikiEducator was a competitor of Wikiversity. Is
> our world so small not as to allow two or more online educational
> projects mainly for adult or in an advanced level? In real life we
> have several high educational institutions. In several layers they
> compete each others but still there are also collaborations in many
> levels: both officially and informally they share lectures, books and
> other educational resources and do research jointly etc. Can it be
> this case or is there no such room for online projects at all?

Indeed. It's the same reason Citizendium and Wikipedia aren't really
in competition - CZ looks to outdo Wikipedia, but really we're on the
same side in all the important ways. I doubt that WMF and the CZ
Foundation would have board members in common any time soon, but I'd
be hard-pressed to call it a serious conflict if they did.

- d.