[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 13:46:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 1:45 PM, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 8:57 PM, Max Semenik <maxsem.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://ru.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?diff=25853
> >
> > Translation: "Last week there was a sharp increase in activities of anon idiots,
> > foreigners (without the knowledge of Russian or with a bad grasp of
> > it), and users AlexSmotrov (signs as AlexSm) and Putnik. I hope it's
> > just a coincidence, otherwise I'll need to track down possible
> > connections between these users and some others. --Ramir 10:47, 5
> > January 2008 (UTC)"
> >
> > This is WAY off the limits of civil behaviour we are accustomed to
> > expect from any constructive user, especially from a sysop.
>
> As well as the point mentioned by MaxSem, I would like also to argue
> the matter if a WMF-owned wiki should carry wmf logo and a link to its
> official website where people can find its contact point by email, fax
> and phone is not a language issue as the user Ramir suggested, and
> raising the issue around language barrier in that manner is highly to
> be discouraged on our project.

I am sorry to be so blunt, but this is the 35th message on this
thread, and apart from Elisabeth unfortunately aborted attempts, there
has been nothing done on the matter.

Regardless of civility, wikilove and all other things, and keeping in
mind that I am ok with the fact that people may want to "customize"
their projects' css, I don't see why we're even discussing this
particular "customization".

Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project, powered by Mediawiki and there's
nothing else to it. These mentions have to come back, there's no
discussion to be had.

Had I the powers to make myself an admin on that wiki, I would simply
restore this and be done with it, thing is, I can't. If Ramir wants a
policy, well, let's make this a precedent and hence a policy. The fact
that Wikimedia hosted projects are Wikimedia hosted projects and