[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom (was: the foundations of...)

hillgentleman hillgentleman.wikiversity at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 15:16:54 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton,
Now you are too quick to judge.  I did not say that my suggestion is great;
I just wanted to point out a possible direction.

You are thinking from an admininstrators's point of view.  You want to
easily understand everything put on the table.  On the other hand,
as we have seen  in  the  recent complaints from the 日本 wikimedians,
doing everything in English actually prevent many to participate.

Now look,
1. In any language supported by google and altavista there is
a substantial pool of wikimedians to supply important comments
on the auto-translation.

2.  A bilingual discussion not only ''enfranchaises" more wikimedian,
it also allow you to look at the "sources", since many of the comments
that would be in English in your proposal would be written in another language
and have to be translated anyway.

Best,
H.