[Foundation-l] Allemanic and Albanian - conditional approval for Gheg

Thomas Goldammer thogol at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:22:18 UTC 2008

Hoi,

I fully support that idea to move als.projects to gsw.projects. "als"
is the code for Tosk, and should not be used for other languages. gsw
is indeed the correct ISO-639-3 code for what we call Alemannisch. It
should not be confused with "Alemannic" which describes the whole
group of languages shown in Ethnologue. Alemannic proper is the
language called Schwyzerdüütsch in Ethnologue and in colloquial
German.

Best regards,
Thomas.