[Foundation-l] [Announcement] New Head of Business Development: Kul Wadhwa

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 4 00:26:55 UTC 2008

Brianna Laugher wrote:

> Thankyou to Vishal and welcome to Kul.
> I am happy to hear he is familiar with Wikimedia Commons and Wikiversity. :)
> Media is much more flexible than text and there are many, many
> interesting things (partnerships aimed at spreading Wikimedia Commons
> content) that could happen. So I look forward to seeing what might be
> in store.
>
> BTW, I what happened to "Head of Development" (fundraising person)?
> The job opening came and went with no word so far.

You're right - here's a quick update on where we are with all the active
hiring. I just happen to have this on a whiteboard in front of me :-)

 * Head of Communications: This is the position replacing Sandy, who
can't move with us to San Francisco.
We have found a great person, and we're just finalizing some last bits &
pieces. I'll probably send out the announcement early next week.

 * Head of Development (fundraising): We're in the middle of the
interviewing process. That means the new person will probably be
announced towards the end of January, with an end-of-January start
date.  This is a new job: we have never had, to date, a staff position
dedicated to fundraising.

 * Chief Financial & Operating Officer:  Same thing: we're in the middle
of interviewing, and will probably have a late January start.  This
position is currently vacant, but we've had consultant support since July.

That's basically it at the moment. Upshot: we've had really terrific
applicants, and I'm very happy with the people we're recruiting. I think
it will be a very good team.