[Foundation-l] [Announcement] New Head of Business Development: Kul Wadhwa

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:09:35 UTC 2008

On 04/01/2008, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Kul's job will be to develop and execute the Foundation's business development strategy. He'll identify and develop deals with for-profit companies, particularly where those deals help us make the projects' materials available to more people, in more ways, around the world. Business development at a nonprofit is all about putting together deals that bring in money while simultaneously advancing the mission: I am confident Kul can do that for us.
>
> Vishal Patel, who has been handling business development for the Foundation since May, will remain with us until the St. Petersburg office closes on January 31. Please join me in thanking Vishal for everything he has done in the past six months, and in welcoming Kul to Wikimedia.

Thankyou to Vishal and welcome to Kul.
I am happy to hear he is familiar with Wikimedia Commons and Wikiversity. :)
Media is much more flexible than text and there are many, many
interesting things (partnerships aimed at spreading Wikimedia Commons
content) that could happen. So I look forward to seeing what might be
in store.

BTW, I what happened to "Head of Development" (fundraising person)?
The job opening came and went with no word so far.

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

http://modernthings.org/