[Foundation-l] "Wikidrama" and autonomy of Wikimedia projects

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 01:47:35 UTC 2008

> I do feel the need to clarify, since the user in Scenario 2 called me
> out on it.  The hypothetical user is presently "indefinitely blocked" on
> on enwiki not banned.

The line between "indefinitely blocked" and "community banned" is a
very narrow one. I suspect the person is banned. The only way I can
see an indefinite block not being a ban is if it's just pending
something (the conclusion of a discussion, the person in question
agreeing to certain conditions, or whatever). A community ban is an
indefinite block that no admin is willing to undo - if an admin were
willing to undo this block, they would have done so.