[Foundation-l] Note regarding status of privacy policy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 18:04:50 UTC 2008

2008/8/9 SlimVirgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com>:

> We've been told we can't complain to the Ombudsman commission because
> they only deal with violations of the privacy policy, not the
> checkuser policy. We've been told we have no right to know whether
> we've been checked. Attempts to introduce such a rule have led to the
> checkusers saying they will not follow it. And when we do find out
> that we've been checked, the only concern of the checkusers is to find
> out who told us, and to punish that person. It really is a very bad
> situation for the Foundation, one that's bound to lead to trouble
> sooner or later.

Sarah neglects to note that there is a body that can answer this, that
being the Arbitration Committee, and that the matter is currently with
this body after Sarah brought it up in a lengthy and accusation-filled
but evidence-poor thread on wiken-l (she refused to file a case even
while making extensive accusations, so someone else did):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/SlimVirgin-Lar

- d.