[Foundation-l] Audience measurement data

Stu West stu at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 6 07:05:04 UTC 2008

At Wikimania I gave a short lightening talk on some recently donated data from an audience measurement company called comScore. A few people suggested that I send around a summary so I put together a page on meta at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Stu/comScore_data_on_Wikimedia. Here are some highlights of comScore's estimates for June 2008:

- over 250 million users accessed at least one of our projects (29% of all internet  users!)
- combined, our projects are the #5 web "property" in the world
- we had the highest  "reach" in Latin America, where 41% of internet users visited at least one of our projects
- we had the lowest reach in Asia (20%).

Jay Walsh on the staff is managing the comScore relationship overall, Erik Zachte is helping drive the statistical analysis, and a volunteer named Josh Holman has a lot of experience with comScore data. Feel free to reach out to any of us with questions.

-stu

Stu West
stu at wikimedia.org
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Stu