[Foundation-l] Announcement: Tomasz Finc

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Fri Aug 1 00:40:17 UTC 2008

Cormac Lawler wrote:
> A hearty welcome, Tomasz! I'm sure that this could easily lean towards
> information overload - as I'm sure it does for all new staff. :-)
>
> I'm not sure of your exact role though, and therefore how it fits in with
> the existing community of developers. I suppose some clarification would be
> helpful to say how community requests for software development should
> proceed, and whether your activity is being directed towards specific
> projects for now.

I believe that community requests for software development continue to
go through Bugzilla, I'm not sure why hiring Tomasz would change any of
that. And if you read Brion's original announcement, he said Tomasz
would be working on general MediaWiki development, though I imagine the
team will figure out over time what areas are best for him. The
foundation is exploring possible sources of funds for some more specific
software development projects, but until we have something to announce
we wouldn't be hiring specifically for those.

By the way, welcome aboard Tomasz!

--Michael Snow