[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 18:50:56 UTC 2008

Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> To make sure that we can safely transition to CC-BY-SA, we're going
> to dual-license them under CC-BY-SA 3.0:

I'm not sure this is possible. All approved wikis already have an
extensive body of articles in the Incubator licensed under the GFDL. I
think these articles cannot be relicensed under a dual-license until
we transition to GFDL 1.3.

If this is correct, we can only dual-license new wikis if we purge all
their GFDL-only work for the last several months, or wait until GFDL
1.3 is released.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)