[Foundation-l] New wiki creation

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 30 18:17:16 UTC 2008

2008/4/30 effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com>:
>  Would it be OK to do that in the new situation? Strictly speaking,
>  there is still (GFDL) copyright of the original French authors on the
>  text, but on the original there is no CC-BY-SA license. Am I or am I
>  not allowed to add a CC-BY-SA here? And if I would only say that my
>  part was cc-by-sa, how can I identify what is mine then?
>
>  Thanks for clarifying. If it is all ok, sure, no problem for me. I
>  just would like things not get extra complicated for people in these
>  new wiki's :)

Yes, that would work under the new clause, provided that all the
original translated content is migrated at the same time. This is the
only scenario we're really exploring, anyway: Either we'll switch the
Wikimedia projects to CC-BY-SA at some point, or we won't.

I've drafted up this clause at the following URL:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_clause_for_new_wikis

To keep things simple, I suggest that we use this version for all new wikis.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation