[Foundation-l] Bot policy on bots operating interwiki

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:11:24 UTC 2007

To Thomas Dalton:

Well I do not expect it any time soon. Once it is around we can then talk
about it. :)

To Andre Engels:

Yes I meant interwiki.py. I haven't done many interwiki edits yet (I am
waiting by bot's status on all wikis to be resolved first) so I am
inexperienced with it. I think I'll use your settings.

Indeed, bot operators have a finite life span and do not really have time to
deal with wikis individually. I personally refuse to run my bot on any wiki
without a bot flag. I guess I am too careful. I really think people who ONLY
work on mindless tasks (double redirect fixing, interwiki linking, commons
delinking) should be given a good amount of slack from local policies the
bot operators cannot even read.

  - White Cat