[Foundation-l] [foundation-l] Open proxies an interwiki matter

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:47:39 UTC 2007

I think we really need to have some automation in dealing with these.

Granted there are notable exceptions on some wikis such as the Chinese
wikis, but for every other wiki there needs to be a more centralized block
on open proxies.

How likely is an average person to edit a wiki from an open proxy? How
likely is a spam bot or some destructive vandal script to preform the task.

I think a solution could be like the spam list - a centralized meta page for
open proxy blocks.

   - White Cat