[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:16:39 UTC 2007

2007/10/12, rfrangi at libero.it <rfrangi at libero.it>:

> P.S.: The last statement contains a large amount of irony. If you don't understand irony, please do not read the above sentence.

(This statement contains a large amount of irony too) I'm italian, not
American...

> Horray! Some links in the end. I know it takes just two minutes, but the burden of proof is on you, not on me. Still those links you provided are no proof that entrance in Egypt is forbidden to LGBT people.

Roberto, how long have you followed this thread, and what have you read?
Have you read what I've written? Ask me for esplication, if needed. I
talk italian too, if it helps.

> Now, since LGBT are not the only group that can be subject to discrimination, I suppose the problem is wider. So what do we expect? Do we want the WMF to choose for Wikimania a location where no one is discriminated? (That's to say the South Pole or the outer space)?

Oh, come on Roberto. There are a wide range of possibilities between
"harmless" and "harmful".
But so, are you saying the WMF should ignore human right? For example,
WMF should _accept_ a place where black people are killed, or jewish,
or so on?

> Or as a more optimistic goal do we want the WMF to keep Wikimedia in the free and tollerant western world, and leave those bedouins on their own?

Watch what you're typing. I'm no racist.