[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Oct 12 14:04:52 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/10/12, rfrangi at libero.it <rfrangi at libero.it>:
> > > Gatto Nero:
> > > But I'm sorry to see what I've seen, in WMF.
> > >

> > I still have to see a statement on this subject from WMF (not to say a homophobic statement)
>
> When I talk about "Wikimedia Foundation" I mean the global community
> of wikimedians, if this helps to explain the misunderstanding.

The people who post on this mailing list are incredibly diverse.  For
just about any point of view you can find someone taking just about
any position.

> I have no idea which is the official position of the Board regarding
> this issue, I'm just making a sum (o una media) of the personal
> opinion of _a lot of wikimedians_ I've read here.
> As regards the homophobic statement, I've made a list some mails ago.
> Do I have to repeat it?

Repeating it using actual quotes would probably be beneficial.  Some
of that previous list seemed to be paraphrases and stuff taken out of
context.  And I don't think any of it was homophobic per se.  But I
guess you'd consider me a homophobe.